Education - Teaching Methods
2. Discussion Lecture
3. Problem Solving / Question and Answer
5. Guest Speaker
6. Team/Group Work
7. Role Play / Drama
8. Report and/or Presentation Preparation/Display
12. Case Study
14. Project design / management
Degree to be obtained
Students who successfully complete the program are entitled to receive a four-year "Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design from the Faculty of Architecture".
In order to complete the undergraduate program and graduate, students are required to have a 2.00/4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). In order to graduate, students are required to complete 134 Local Credit - 240 ECTS course load.
Within the framework of the regulations determined by the Higher Education Council (YÖK), student admission to the Faculty of Architecture is evaluated by the Student Selection and Placement Examination (YKS) conducted by the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYS). Students are admitted to the four-year Industrial Design academic program with numerical score type.
Foreign students are evaluated after applying online from the International Office web page (http://international.yeditepe.edu.tr/international-application) established within our University.
Students are admitted to programs with a General Academic Exchange Protocol within the framework of bilateral agreements (such as ERASMUS, etc.) signed between Yeditepe University and the partner university. Guest students can enroll in the courses offered in these programs if the relevant academic unit approves. Language proficiency is required to follow the program.
- Evaluates the concepts and theories in the field of design using methods from different disciplines, identifies and solves design problems encountered.
- To be able to create and use the current technological knowledge required in the field of design.
- To be able to create and interpret the necessary historical knowledge in the fields of design and art.
- To be able to design products, systems or processes within the discipline of Industrial Design.
- Can work interdisciplinary.
- To be equipped with the knowledge of materials and production methods within the scope of the design field and to be able to put them into practice.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to think in two and three dimensions within the framework of design discipline with visual expression.
- Understands, interprets and utilizes the effects of communication, business, law, engineering, sociology, anthropology, physics and human sciences etc. disciplines related to the field of industrial product design.
- To have social responsibility and ethical awareness in design.
TYYÇ - TAY Relationship
Click here to download the four-year Industrial Design Academic Program.