Aim of the Program:
The primary aim of the Deparment of Industrial Design is to train the highly qualified designers according to the needs of present day society. The academic program therefore involves design studies in a variety of fields so as to meet the ever changing demands of industry. The studies comprise the design of all the materials, tools, furniture etc. realted to the fields of production and consumption.
The academic program is designed in such a way as to enable students to meet the challenges of the present day as well as the future. The goal of the department is to raise the students as designers - living the day but thinking and shaping the future.
Instructional Methods And Techniques
2. Lecture with Discussion
3. Problem Solving / Question and Answer
5. Guest Speaker
6. Team / Group Work
7. Role Play
8. Preparing and/or Presenting Reports
12. Case Study
13. Brain Storming
14. Project Design/Management
The students who successfully complete the program are awarded the four- year degree of Bachelor of Design.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
The students studying in this undergraduate program are required to have a Cumulative Grade Points Average (Cum.GPA) of not less than 2.00/4.00 in the program in order to graduate. The minimum number of ECTS credits required for graduation is 240.
Specific Admission Requirements
All applicants are required to take the General University Entrance Exam (YKS) administered by the national Student Selection and Placement Center (OSYM). For the four - year Industrial Design Academic Program students are accepted with a score of SAYISAL points.
Foreign students are evaluated on the basis of their application which they can submit to University’s International Office Web Site online at http://international.yeditepe.edu.tr/international-application.
The admission of students of General Academic Exchange Protocol to the related programmes are done within the framework of the bilateral agreements (ERASMUS etc) signed between Yeditepe University and the partner universities. Guest students may enroll into the courses in the programmes, if the related academic unit approves. Sufficient language knowledge is required to monitor the programme.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Learn to use the different disciplines’ methods within the concepts and theories of design field and also to determine and solve the encountered problems of design.
- To constitute contemporary technological knowledge that is required in the field of design and to access the level of managing.
- To constitute and interpret the historical knowledge required in the field of art and design.
- To be sufficient to design product, system and processes within the discipline of Industrial Design.
- To study interdisciplinary.
- To have and to implement the knowledge of materials and production techniques within the field of design.
- To be able to think 2D and 3D and also to be able to expose visually.
- To achieve the knowledge of different disciplines such as Management, Law, Communication, Engineering, Sociology, Physics, Anthropology and Human Sciences in order to be able to understand, interpret and utilize within the field of Industrial design.
- To have the ethical consciousness and responsibility in design.